CCTV cameras and other imaging systems are increasingly capturing criminal offences and road traffic collisions. The imagery is valuable evidence to enable identification of parties involved in incidents and reconstruction of movement and speeds.
Specialist expertise is required in imaging methods and sources of image degradation and distortion, to ensure the best evidence is obtained. A range of software is used to process, examine and comment upon recorded digital evidence, working with all forms of raw format including still images, CCTV footage, compact discs or digital files from mobile phones and cameras.
- Comparisons of the make, model, class and unique characteristics of subject vehicle
- Magnification of areas of interest
- Frame by frame analysis
- Vehicle identification, possibly including registration mark
- Establish time line of events
- Indication of potential entry and exit routes by a vehicle
Expert witness testimony is provided
“Specialist expertise in imaging methods and sources of image degradation and distortion is required, to ensure the best evidence is obtained.”